View Single Post
Old 08-01-2022, 06:49 AM

Yeah, I was of the "You won't know what is there until you go" camp. I kept going, and going...and nothing. For years. Other people I know shared the same experience. Mind you, this is strictly regarding autographs; I wasn't there for anything else.

I still have many colleagues who are forced to attend for the sake of business. They've continued to say the same thing as I have in their annual play-by-plays of the event. The good autographed material goes to the auction houses. The majority of this stuff is rehashed and familiar to anybody who has been collecting for more than a few years.

Don't get me wrong, there will come a show sometime in the future that will be great. That's just the law of averages coming into play. I'll surely regret not attending THAT show, but not knowing when it will happen, combined with all the ones where nothing happens except a lighter wallet, makes staying at home a much more desirable option.

Many people love the social aspect of the show. If I want to visit with any hobby friends or customers, I'll take a road trip and go see them. Much more comfortable and relaxed.

The money I wasted has earned me the right to piss and moan.