View Single Post
Old 06-30-2008, 06:00 PM
Administrator

Default GREY FLANNEL AUCTIONS

Posted By: Mark

Just got off the phone with Grey Flannel Auctions. I spoke with a TJ (or perhaps JT.. not sure which). I had won a Lot of 6 Vintage Bats in their last Catalogue Auction. All Bats were simply described as "Uncracked".

After receiving this Group Lot very late (they simply forgot to send it, despite having sat on my payment for close to a month), I explained that none of the Bats were properly described. Grey Flannel's Senior Manager robotically stated "All SALES FINAL - NO RETURNS". When I asked him how they could use such misleading descriptions, he failed to answer, and clearly could not have cared less.

He invited me to post here (telling me exactly how to spell Grey Flannel), so that is what I'm now doing. Attached are pictures of just 2 of the Bats Grey Flannel describes as simply "Uncracked". One has over 100 deep worm holes (and IS cracked) - the other has a 9 inch gash of missing wood out of the barrel (both completely undisclosed).

Grey Flannel offered no compensation of any kind, and no remorse whatsoever. In addition, the Bats were shipped with no protection or padding... all 6 just thrown into a box and shipped as-is, despite my requesting that they be individually wrapped (outrageous request?)

Sorry for the long post, but wanted to make all Forum members aware of this company's dreadful customer service, and call out a company that values profits over its long-term and devoted customers. Here are the "UNCRACKED" bats...