View Single Post
Old 04-12-2023, 03:57 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCMcKenzie View Post
Sorry that I took this off topic to Tango Eggs. Greg, I don't know a whole lot about Tango Eggs. I have a McQuillan as a type. I may add more one day for back runs. Bescher seems to pop-up all the time in auctions and on eBay. Yes, I am joking about the REA lot. I can't imagine what to do with 37 Beschers. I do have a placeholder bid in, though.
No worries, the Tango's are a fun set to explore too.

PSA POP
Besher - 62
Bresnahan - 3
Bridwell - 9
Chase - 20
Cobb - 1
Collins - 15
Crawford - 2
Doing - 28
Evers - 1
Felsh - 1
Jennings - 67
McQuillan - 30
Meyer - 24
Morgan - 1
Murphy - 17
Oakes - 1
Plank - 1
Weaver - 37
Zimmerman - 7

The Oakes and Plank are cards from outside the find, Plank is a true beater. The Oakes is in good condition and has a backstamp. The Cobb known today I suspect is not the same card from the find (i.e., there would be at least 2 of them) and is in super poor condition, markedly different from the find cards. It too has a backstamp. The Plank does not have a backstamp. I am not aware of any other outside-the-find Tango's but I am not an expert in this issue and have merely gathered images when I've seen them over the years.

As far as I am aware, a Tinker and Wagner claimed in the letter to be known from before this find have never publicly surfaced. Schaefer I have never seen a picture of, the letter notes 2 of them were discovered.

There were probably originally at least 3 other cards made or intended.