View Single Post
Old 08-02-2021, 12:39 PM
J0hn Collin$

Just being honest - and it's fine if I'm the only one - but I hate binders, and have for a long time. Today I have my first two childhood sets (1986 and '87 Topps) in large binders, but that's the only thing of consequence - to me, even if they aren't worth much monetarily.

Growing up they all just seemed to fall apart, and eventually the (less than 21st century quality Ultra Pro) pages seemed to get sticky or develop other problems. Of course, storing at least 2 cards front and back in each pocket probably didn't help me out much either.

Don't get me wrong, I don't disparage any of you who are binder fans. It's certainly more compact and economical in terms of storage for those of you who are given to caring about such things. But 95% of my collection is singles and stars, not sets, and just in terms of the physical space - stacks of toploaders, mag cases, and slabs aren't necessarily going to ruin me in my personal space at home assuming I collect for the next 20 years on roughly the same budget. In terms of the two sets I am actually working on right now - '67 and '72 Topps - I'm doing it the hard way, stubbornly collecting both in penny sleeves, card savers and toploaders, and then putting those into boxes.

Last edited by jchcollins; 08-02-2021 at 02:35 PM.