View Single Post
Old 02-10-2005, 12:30 PM
Administrator

Default Black Sox Ticket Stub

Posted By: Julie

Blacksox people (very scholarly)into mild confusion. it was one of their members who figured out that the tickets were numbered according to the number of games played in the CITY AT HAND (Chicago or Cincinnati), and they have plenty of proof--a "game 2" ticket from Cincinnati and one from Chicago, but something about the writing on the back of my ticket makes this brainstormer think my ticket was scored only through the 3rd game. So was it, in fact,. the first game played in Chicago (game 3)? Or was it the 3rd game played in Chicago (game 5?). I can't figure the writing out so exactly--except that it appears to me to have all been done at the same time, and I can think of dozens of reasons why someone would be writing the score of game 3 on the baCK OF A GAME 5 TICKET, BUT ANYWAY, HE'S PUZZLING IT OUT. I don't have it yet. I'll use a scope when registered mail has done its thing.
\
new price: 2002, "almost complete" (whatever that means!) ticket to game 1 (in Cincinnati), $894. No firther details available.