View Single Post
Old 02-09-2005, 10:15 AM
Administrator

Default Black Sox Ticket Stub

Posted By: Julie

selling one, but it certainly is possible--as you say, a lot of people saw 8 games (if there's anyone who doesn't know, it was supposed to be the best of 9, but went 8). I'll contact Black Betsy--they already use my mysterious photo of Joe.

I'm specially thrilled because it's a Comiskey Park game (one of the two Kerr one--of course I'd prefer a Cicotte or Williams game, but Kerr's is fine) and, as someone pointed out--someone was keeping score on the back! LOVE messy backs; they're so often interesting! The seller was offered dough to end the auction early 6 times (I thought the darned thing was going to go for twice the price!), and ticket belonged to an elderly man in Vernmont (seller also lives in Vermont), who had no idea what he had, and will be glad of the 75% of selling price. He's in poor health.

The stub went for exactly what Marek Macrae said--maybe he said a little closer to 2K; anyway, I was surprised it went so cheap. But then, only a stub from a 1919 World Series game....hee!!!

That IS an "untorn stub"; did you mean a full ticket? That['s the front and back of the same stub. A full ticket would be unused.