View Single Post
Old 01-26-2022, 12:41 AM
A.J. Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabe View Post
He tested positive during the first round of testing. That's not speculation - Ortiz himself has admitted it.
The first round of testing was supposed to be a blind test to see if there was cause to do more testing in the future. The NY Times leaked some of the results and named Ortiz as testing positive. Ortiz has always claimed that that was a hit piece by the NY media because there were a bunch of Yankees that had also tested positive and no one from Boston. I don't believe he ever admitted to using PED's. The fact that he never tested positive in ALL the years after even as the testing got better and more accurate says to me he either never took PED's or stopped after the league made it illegal. I have a hard time believing that he somehow evaded the hundreds of tests over the years with designer PED's.

Regardless, he's immortalized now and deservingly so. Loved watching him dismantle the Yankees in 2004.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ortiz97Fleer512psa10front.jpg (77.0 KB, 519 views)
*Proudest hobby accomplishment: finished the 1914 Cracker Jack set ranked #11 all-time

Last edited by ajjohnsonsoxfan; 01-26-2022 at 12:44 AM.