View Single Post
Old 09-26-2014, 12:33 AM
Bill Gregory

Quote:
Originally Posted by bn2cardz View Post
It is hard for me to believe he has ever dealt with a t206 based off the video. The video has him going through a binder of newer "shiney" cards and then stops to point out a card that is "40 years old", if he gets excited to point out a 70's card than I doubt he sees, let alone owns, any pre war cards.
Andy, in all fairness, consider who he's talking to. Some random news guy. The average tv viewer has maybe heard of the T206 Honus Wagner, the Gretzky Wagner. And that's probably about it. To a non hobbyist, a 40 year old card seems old.

I have a binder full of shiny modern cards. I get excited by 40 year old cards. My 1973 Topps Roberto Clemente is one of my favorite cards. I'm collecting the 1975 Topps set in high grade.

And I have pre-war cards.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.