View Single Post
Old 08-08-2019, 09:42 PM
Jim H

All was not lost. To close out the day, I went to the Net54 dinner. I had not been in previous years, but I think I may just make this part of my annual trip. Here's a shot of the room.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/Pxd2r6gl.jpg[/omg

It seemed pretty well attended, and I was surprised by how few "dealers" there were - most were collectors which I wasn't necessarily expecting. Sat with some folks I didn't know, and had some talk about cards. My table mates actually collected some rare stuff which I knew nothing about, so it was fun hearing from them about those cards and why they collected them and where they find them, etc. Totally different part of the hobby than I'm in, but the chase and their friendships and stories came through - it was really nice to hear that stuff, great reminder that this should be fun!

Bounce, it was nice to met you. I enjoyed listening about your collection and travels throughout Texas. I struck out on finding a 1962 Ford Motor Company Detroit Tigers postcard. But like you mentioned it’s the chase of finding these oddball items.