View Single Post
Old 01-06-2023, 12:08 PM
Bob C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve B View Post
What's even funnier is the person I went with was more an acquaintance, kid my brother knew from scouts or something who had complained a couple months before that his friends had taken his money and ditched him or simply never shown up to pick him up three straight concerts. "Oh yeah, we'll leave a ticket for you at the will call window" So I offered to drive to pretty much any concert as long as he bought the tickets.

And there's a card collecting angle, he worked for McDonalds, and at the end of the football card promotion got me a trash bag full of that weeks leftover cards. Ended up with 100+ sets.

Later on, he cracked a bat playing in the yard with a few guys. My brother said it was pretty old, I ended up swapping a store bought bat I had for what I'm almost positive is a Fred Parent gamer, plus a few other old bats that were pretty beat, a D+M and a Batrite both I think store models.
Steve,

That is a fantastic story, and great baseball connection as well. It is hard to really explain and convey to others the full experience from seeing some of these outright famous groups appearing in a venue like the old Agora. It all comes down to the old saying, "You had to be there!". Got to love the memories, right?