View Single Post
Old 10-10-2019, 04:39 PM
Andrew Hunt00n

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb1 View Post
Ebay sent out the sales tax email in conjunction with Paypal in regards to the new states taxable as of Oct. 1. In the email it said that ebay and paypal would handle the tax and the seller would have to do nothing.

My question is this...... If you are paying for an item on the BST or anywhere else(not ebay) and using regular paypal (not-F/F), is that transanction now going to be taxed by paypal as a business transaction, tax collected and forwarded to the applicable state.

I believe the answer is yes, but have had no dealing either as a buyer or seller this month to test the theory. I have a feeling paypal is going to track the 30 odd states that enacted the law and tax those transactions automatically as well(some vendors had added tax prior).

Further to add, perhaps only the buyer will see it and the seller won't be able to as they don't pay it, ebay/paypal does.

??
Taylor,

I was referencing Scott's post above regarding PayPal collecting tax on transactions that aren't PPFF like from the BST. That's where I think it could be a problem if they collected sales tax on all transactions.

The Great T206 Back Stamp Project: Click Here
My Online Trading Site: Click Here
Member of OBC (Old Baseball Cards), the longest running on-line collecting club www.oldbaseball.com
My Humble Blog: Click Here