View Single Post
Old 01-26-2023, 06:52 AM

Default 1960s Topps Series

This is what I show:

1960 - We haven't spent much time on the sheets for this year. There is a some uncut material (a slit from series 1, a panel with Maris etc.), but I don't have info on all of the series.

1961 - We know all ten rows in series 1, but not the pattern used. However, we believe we know the 3x vs 2x rows. Series 2 & 3- one slit is known, so the entire sheet is known. Series 4 - I only have a few miscuts, so I don't think the sheet is known. Series 5 - a lot of work has been done by others and I show that the entire sheet is known. Series 6 has 77 cards, but I do not show that the pattern is known. Finally, there is enough information to reconstruct the 66 card run for series 7, anmd so the entire sheet can be established.

1962 - I believe all sheets for this year have been determined.

1963 - I believe all sheets for this year have been determined.

1964 - Series 1 through 4 are known. Series 5 has one slit determined, but the 2nd slit hasn't been finalized yet. Very little is known about Series 6 while series 7 has three of the 7 rows established, but not the entire sheet.

1965 - All ten rows of series 1 are known, but the pattern for the sheet isn't known well enough to establish the sheet. Series 2, 3, 4, & 5 are known as is one slit (but not pattern) for series 7. Little is known about series 6.

1966 - The first three series are known, series 4 has been ony partially reconstructed (approx 40%), series 5 has been reconstructed with the exception of 3-4 cards, very little is known about series 6, and series 7 has been reconstructed (shown in this forum).

1967 - All ten rows are known for series 1 but the pattern for the 2nd slit is still speculative. Series 2, 3, 4, & 5 have enough information available to determine the sheet layouts. Series 6 has been reconstructed except for the placement of 2-3 cards, and although some question the validity of our proposed layout for series 7, I haven't seen anything to change my mind about the 1 by 5x, 1 by 4x, 5 by 3x pattern we proposed.

1968 - All ten rows are known for series 1 but the pattern for the 2nd slit is still speculative. Series 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, & 7 have enough information available to determine the sheet layouts.

1969 - All ten rows are known for series 1 but the pattern for the 2nd slit is still speculative. Series 2, 4, 5, & 6 have enough information available to determine the sheet layouts. Series 7 has been reconstructed except for 4-5 cards. Series 3, a 110 card series, is still in the formative stages of being reconstructed. We know most of the leading edge & trailing edge cards, and have a few miscuts, but most of the layout is still TBD.

I hope this helps. If I have made any errors, please PM me.

Kevin