View Single Post
Old 12-13-2022, 05:39 PM

OK - having reviewed this thread from start to finish and with the great detective work of so many contributing, here is what I believe we now have determined with regard to the 1967 Topps 6th series.

What follows is only a discussion of cards' placement within rows - nothing here about row placement on each slit. To get there we really need more data on the rows themselves (though we have some limited information due to top/bottom miscuts).

I am going to try to upload an image of what we have so far. If I have missed anything - PLEASE correct me.

First, along the top most row in the image, we have 7 groupings of 2 or 3 cards which we know were located side by side, but not in which row, nor in which slot (1-11) in what row. They are:
Killebrew/Tolan, Houk/Werhas, King/Campaneris/Gabrielson, Twins Rookies/Cloninger, Orioles Rookies/O'Toole, Lachemann/Giants Team and Dodgers Team/McFarlane.

Next, there seem to be 9 single cards for which we know nothing - nothing about the cards on any sides, not what rows, and certainly not in what slot (1-11) within any row:
Helms, Burgess, Barton, Indians Rookies, Lopez, Shaw, Griffith, Alou, Stephenson, Adair and Pirates Team

Next, we have all or part of 5 distinct rows (we know these are all different because of the overlap of the #3 card throughout) -
1) the complete row of Bird Bombers/Fisher/Menke/Hicks/Talbot/Hunt/Thomas/Marichal/Merritt/Santiago/Palmer;
2) Coombs/Rigney/Wert/McCovey in the 3-6 slots
3) Peterson/Wagner in the 2-3 slots
4) Mantilla/Alvis/Davidson/Hill Aces/Reynolds/Landis/Martinez/Mazeroski/Bowens/Senators Rookies in the 1-10 slots
5) Durocher/Arrigo in the 3-4 slots.

Finally, we have a series of single cards or pairs for which we know their slots, but not which rows - this does not suggest that Zimmerman/Dierker, for example, are in the 7th Series Checklist row, only that on some row, 7th Series Checklist/Wine are in the 1-2 slots and that on some other row (maybe the same row but we don't know) Zimmerman/Dierker are in the 7-8 slots and the Tigers Rookies is in the 11th slot. Similarly, Bell is not necessarily in the same row as Humpnhreys/Schoendienst - all we know for sure is Bell is in the 1 slot on some row, and Humphreys/Schoendienst are in the 9-10 slots on some row (possible the same row, but no way to know at this time.)

This is my attempt to do tribute to the work of others here in this forum so again - PLEASE point out where I've erred.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1967 6th series.jpg (193.6 KB, 158 views)

Last edited by deweyinthehall; 12-13-2022 at 05:43 PM.