View Single Post
Old 12-11-2022, 04:12 PM
Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayshum View Post
Phil, I hope the show was good enough to make all the other problems worth going to it.

My Gerry Staley
It was "The Book of Mormon," my daughter got the tickets because she likes musicals and doing something as a family. I guess it was okay, the sound was loud and muddied and I discerned only about 60% of the dialogue. This was performed at the Pantages Theater in Hollywood which has a solid reputation, so it was a disappointing surprise. My preference is a serious drama or dark, biting satire. On the drive home, my wife and daughters expressed dislike for the show and the only appeal it had for me was the movements of the cast members while on stage.

I am a sixth-grade teacher soon to retire at the end of this school year. As we were walking down the street, my family heard someone call out my name. I turned to look and it was one of my current students who saw me passing by as she was looking out of a store window. Neither of us was anywhere close to the school where we battle, so it was both a pleasant surprise as well as a reminder that work can follow me anywhere.

Happy collecting to all and keep those 53 Bowman Color cards coming!

Phil aka Tere1071

Last edited by Tere1071; 12-11-2022 at 04:18 PM.