Thread: Carlton World
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2021, 01:58 AM

Default Coincidence

I went to a western antiques show in Nevada City last Friday...Kind of a small show at the Elks Lodge...A 2 1/2 hour drive is a long way for a small show but as western antiques go....i.e. anything and everything western...mining, gambling, railroad, cowboy, Indian, guns, etc...you couldn't ask for a more target rich area than Nevada City and surrounding area...so just on that I went...didn't find anything I had to have...I seriously considered a c1900 panoramic photo of a bread company in Los Angeles with horse drawn delivery wagons...but passed...then there was this porcelain sign for harness'...kind of a coincidence since I just bought a dog sled harness...That was one of the best porcelain signs I've ever seen...had Wyatt Earp written all over it...$5,000.00 firm...If you're not familiar with porcelain signs it may not mean much but that was over the top rare...

So you collect sports display antiques, why ya going to a western show you ask...turn over every rock...anything can happen...I've found stuff at western shows before....below a theater poster with a track theme....that I found at the Grass Valley Old West show....

https://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=187684
And same show once I found a group of snap shots of Duke Kahanamoku...see link above...