View Single Post
Old 01-06-2020, 03:03 PM
M@rk Comer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripfan008 View Post
Good morning, I'm very much enjoying this thread and just wanted to share a few of the Brooks items that I've collected over the years. In 1996, Brooks was the guest of honor when they opened a Target store in White Marsh, MD. I asked him to sign a Rawlings ad I purchased for the occasion. It was my first time meeting him and the first Brooks item I ever owned.

I've also attached photos of two of my favorite Brooks pieces I've managed to acquire since that time, a 1972 Topps Candy Lid and a 1962 Post Cereal complete box flat (not the one that was in the latest REA auction).
Mike,

I like to pick up ads myself with Brooks pictured. Your Rawlings The Big 8 ad is a nice one especially since you had the opportunity to meet Brooks and have him sign the piece for you. Also, it includes some pretty decent ball players as well.

The next two pieces I don't have in my Brooks collection. I do have part of the cereal box, but not the full Post Corn Flakes box. Yours looks, from the pictures, to be in wonderful shape. Now the 1972 Topps Candy Lid has been on my want list for a while. One came up recently, but I just couldn't get past the crease across the lid; just took away from the piece in my view. Yours of course is AWESOME!

By the way it doesn't hurt to post some of your Ripken collection

Thanks so much for sharing part of your collection.