View Single Post
Old 01-02-2020, 01:15 AM
M@rk Comer

Default Brooks Robinson

Day 2 (January 2, 2020 - 002)

I collect almost everything related to Brooks, but “try” (my best) to limit myself to playing day items. Also, I don’t collect things that are visually unappealing; there are a number of items in this category (do NOT mention his ’58 Topps card). There are exceptions, but most of the items I post will be from the playing day time frame (mid 50’s till late 70’s). I’ll try to post odd/unusual items, photos, and not seen every day type pieces to keep things hopefully interesting (unless I run out of stuff…).

Only have a couple pieces of artwork and this is a small painting of Brooks by Tom Clark. Clark is more known for being an American poet and biographer, but was an avid baseball fan and he did paint a tad as well.

Day 2 1 painting.jpg

This painting is pictured in Tom Clark’s book “Baseball” from 1976. The painting of Brooks pictured in the book is B&W, but as you can see it’s in vivid color in real life… If you don’t have a copy of the book it has some nice pictures of the paintings Clark conducted (including Brock, Clemente AND possibly some other ’71 Pirates players…).

Day 2 book.jpg