View Single Post
Old 01-01-2020, 05:39 PM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark70Z View Post
As a fan of the defensive part of baseball I thought Rudi’s catch in 1972 was one of the greatest outfielder catches. From what I can recall he hit well in clutch situation and did well overall especially in the postseason. He almost won a few MVP awards. I agree he was underrated. Would like to see you post your favorite Rudi card or if you collect memorabilia maybe a favorite A’s item.

I was definitely a fan of Campy. Man, he was a slick fielder and a very good base stealer. Loved getting his cards when I was growing up. Possibly post your favorite Campy item?

Did anyone like Reggie?!? Ha!
I am a fan of the defensive side of the game as well, and Rudi's catch is often seen alongside some of Brook's highlights among the great plays in WS history. I appreciate the suggestion to show some Rudi or Campy, but I don't want to take away from the topic of this thread. Plenty of Brooksie's out there to keep this going I bet. Did get me thinking though, I need to go take some pics of my A's collection. And, I do love that WS card shown above, big fan of the WS subsets (which I am working on completing) and that is a great one. Also love the '72 ALCS card featuring him.