View Single Post
Old 01-14-2022, 06:57 PM
Chase

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
His exact words were, "The tape is aged onto the case." That's physically impossible since the case had been resealed. If he can't tell the difference in tape that is aged to a case and tape that is not, how can he authenticate cases that are supposedly sealed?
I am not a case, pack or box authenticator...I am guessing that you are not either. You apparently feel qualified to voice your opinion that Steve should absolutely know the difference. These cases were issued in 1999. If it had been resealed in 1999 should Steve been able to tell? What about in 2003? Maybe the art/science of authenticating needs to be be able to distinguish with certainty so that is not something which is relied upon. Maybe the authentication of unopened has gone too far and should have stopped with packs?

Steve does not look good here but that was due to stepping outside his wheelhouse on a very significant item. The aging I don't think was the tip off to Pokemon experts who felt the case was bad when it was on ebay.

I will again state that I feel this was nothing more than a publicity stunt by Logan Paul simply going by the work of fiction he posted yesterday.