View Single Post
Old 08-20-2002, 03:08 PM
Administrator

Default Another Example of Why there should be restrictions on Private Auctions

Posted By: Dr.Koos

..and I would have no qualms bidding in any of his private auctions. I DO agree, that a Private Auction CAN invite problems. In the final analysis, it's WHOSE Private auction you feel comfortable participating in. If I see an item up for Private Auction that is being offered by a seller with impeccable credentials based on his feedback numbers (if I haven't dealt with him priorly) and the item offered is analguous to 90% of the OTHER items he's offered, I'm going to think positively about bidding and going all out to win the piece. If however, I see a Private auction on a piece I'm interested in acquiring, the feedback is low, and appears to be mostly from entirely unrelated items, I'm going to pass. BUT, I'm going to follow these two general rules of thumb REGARDLESS of if the auction is Private ot not. The PRIVACY factor isn't going to deter me. A bad, nebulous, or unrelated items auctioned Ebay track record is what is going to determine my bidding, NOT just the Privacy factor itself.