View Single Post
Old 09-29-2020, 07:24 AM
Alan Strout

Quote:
Originally Posted by roarfrom34 View Post
Yesterday was the 9th anniversary of the infamous Game 162 and I was fortunate enough to be there...I generally don't go to weeknight games due to the distance, but I had a rain check that I had to use or I'd lose it, so I called my son the night before & asked him if he wanted to go to the last game of the season...Fortunately, he agreed and one of our Baltimore area friends met us there...

There was a long rain delay and when they resumed playing the Orioles said you could sit anywhere you wanted & fortunately we chose seats in left field probably 100 feet or so from the Red Soxs' Carl Crawford (who was unable to handle Robert Andino's game winning liner)...I'll never forget watching the Orioles players celebrate and Papelbon and the rest of the Sox players walking off the field when the Jumbo Tron suddenly switched to the action in St. Pete & showing Longoria hitting his walk off HR thus eliminating Boston from the post season...
Bill,

Great story. As a life long "Maine-ah" and professed Red Sox hater, that ranks as one of my all-time favorite regular season games. A close second was when the O's overcame a 9-run deficit to the Red Sox in 2009. Papelbon blew that one too.

Robert Andino was immediately inducted into my Orioles Hall of Fame.

Andino, Robert 1.jpg

Last edited by BaltOrioles; 09-30-2020 at 05:22 AM.