View Single Post
Old 09-29-2020, 06:00 AM
Bill H@e1ig

Yesterday was the 9th anniversary of the infamous Game 162 and I was fortunate enough to be there...I generally don't go to weeknight games due to the distance, but I had a rain check that I had to use or I'd lose it, so I called my son the night before & asked him if he wanted to go to the last game of the season...Fortunately, he agreed and one of our Baltimore area friends met us there...

There was a long rain delay and when they resumed playing the Orioles said you could sit anywhere you wanted & fortunately we chose seats in left field probably 100 feet or so from the Red Soxs' Carl Crawford (who was unable to handle Robert Andino's game winning liner)...I'll never forget watching the Orioles players celebrate and Papelbon and the rest of the Sox players walking off the field when the Jumbo Tron suddenly switched to the action in St. Pete & showing Longoria hitting his walk off HR thus eliminating Boston from the post season...

The only thing I can compare it to was like New Years Eve as we left Camden Yards that night 'high fiving' everyone (including the on duty cops) and headed over to Sliders (our favorite bar outside the park) who was serving free Natty Bohs...Needless to say I didn't get home until 4:30 AM..

I keep score at all the games I attend, so here is my scorecard which over the years I've had signed on the cover by all the key participants of that ninth inning (Reimold, Davis, Kyle Hudson & of course Robert Andino):

Robert Andino game used jersey & bat: