View Single Post
Old 09-29-2020, 02:09 AM
M@rk Comer

Day 273 (September 29, 2020 – 273)

The Orioles were going to have Brooks Robinson’s statue unveiling in Camden Yards on May 12, 2012, but the schedule had to be moved due to Brooks being unable to participate due to health issues. The new schedule for the unveiling would be September 29, 2012.

My wife, for my birthday, purchased tickets for our family to attend the Brooks statue unveiling game. We travelled to Baltimore (I live in FL by the way if I haven’t mentioned it before) and was able to be present at the game. Of course we had such a great time and it’s such a fond memory of being at the stadium for the unveiling of the Brooks Robinson statue in Camden Yards.

I especially enjoyed Brooks’ speech during the ceremony. One quote I remember was Brooks saying, “I just want to say to all of you fans here, I don’t like to call you fans, I like to call you friends.” If you ever hear Brooks talk he always talks about how great other people are and this was no exception. I was very happy that all the players that have statues within Camden Yards were able to attend. Sadly Earl and Frank have passed away since then.

Brooks also stated, “I promise you, this will be the last ‘thank you’ of my career.”

2012 Brooks Robinson Replica Sculpture – I grabbed a screen shot of the
sculpture; running behind on taking pictures. Sorry…

Day 273.jpg