View Single Post
Old 08-27-2019, 09:46 PM

Default Zelante

Hello all,
well I now know more about Italian soccer in the 30's than I ever did.
It appears after many hours researching myself, and after seeking assistance from others much more informed than myself very little is know about them.

While the 2 x Piola cards are know, there are other great players in this set, Combi, Monzeglio, Rocco, Orsi, Neri are among the other great Italian players I have been able to find out about.
Others have been more difficult to research as there is no initial to assist.

Here is a list of the cards with Zelante back, not in alphabetical order for those who may are interested.

Toetti, Scorticati, Bernadini, Frione, Combi, Vargilen, DeVincenzo, Rosetti, Faccio, Neri, Fantoni, Rosetta, Colambri, Perazollo, Guarisi, Serrenttoni, Amoretti, Giorgetti, Vignoli, Mealli, Loetti, Monzeglio, Janni, Viani, Provaglio, Bonesini, Libonatti, Torriani, Predanto, Conpani, Orsi, Colombo, Ancari, Moretti, Bertalini, Piola.

While none of the cards in excellent condition I am super happy to have them.

The one card with the most wear is the great "Rocco" he must have been a favorite at the time due the amount the card has been handled.

Thanks for viewing as it has been a pleasure to share the images with other collectors.