Thread: October pickups
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2013, 11:51 AM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post
If they constantly double sell items, than yes it's wrong. But considering another member stated it was their first time doing online auctions, I understand that maybe a mistake could happen.
Brock, I have to apologize for my response to you. I do understand that mistakes happen, and I definitely do not expect perfection.

In closing out my comments about Wilson's, I'll say that I have received quite a few PM's and emails regarding both Wilson's and other fly-by-night auction houses that have attempted unsuccessfully to merge online bidding with live, and apparently it's pretty much a cluster-fvck for a lot of them.

So basically, if you are going to bid with auction houses like this, don't get too excited when you get the message that you have won, or even when you receive an invoice. It could all be a mirage, and they are NOT going to work with you to resolve. Regarding resolution, I'm fairly sure they violated a legally-binding contract. Regardless, the procurer of the item offered it to me for $500 more than my winning total, which would have meant a quick profit for him, although it would have been much less than he will get by selling either here or on the internet, and it would have allowed me to own a pillbox hat, which is what I really wanted.

I had to hesitate on accepting his offer, as I felt that it was actually Wilson's job to procure the lot from him, at whatever expense they were required to, and then to sell it to me for $944. That isn't going to happen without some sort of legal action on my part, and it isn't worth it. Yes, mistakes happen, but such lackadaisical conducting of legally-binding transactions needs to be stopped now - if it doesn't stop, with a bit of repercussion to places such as Wilson's, then these horror stories that I'm hearing via PM and email will continue to occur. Basically, if they don't experience some pain for their failures, there is no incentive for them to work harder. The only pain I can really administer is my posting on this board, so thanks for putting up with it.

Keith - I left my phone number with you yesterday and hoping to hear from you. Thanks for your handling of this, as of course you did absolutely nothing wrong. I also heard from Vernon of Wilson's who told me he would locate the lot to me and sell it to me for the invoice price, after talking with the auctioneer. Obviously the left hand is not talking with the right, and the brain is even more out of the picture, but from now on those problems will not involve me.