View Single Post
Old 09-26-2018, 01:07 PM
Chase

Quote:
Originally Posted by savedfrommyspokes View Post
My accountant probably isn't too familiar with the inner workings of ebay, but will be fine with me providing the total dollar amounts deposited monthly to my checking account from ebay IF ebay does not provide this 1099(I assume they will).

If you know where on ebay there is a report that matches the information contained on the "Monthly Sales" report found under the reports home on the paypal site, please tell. The "sales" reports on ebay are not only very inaccurate/inconsistent, but are also not set up to show "actual" income, just sales (paid for or not). My accountant seems to only care about actual funds changing hands and not about mere commitments to buy .
I do not sell a heck of a lot but I have used the sales reports and they have always been spot on. I have never used paypal's sales reports so not sure if they show the gross sale as well as the net proceeds (after merchant fees) but ebay's have been great for me when I have sold stuff.

I use the Seller Hub. I got to my ebay and do the following: Choose the Selling tab, then choose Orders, then choose All Orders. There you can use the drop down menus for Category of Sale (Store, Auction or All), the Status of the sale and finally the Period of time which you want to get data. This can be downloaded and opened in Excel.

Again, what is missing is the net proceeds from the sale because ebay does not track paypal fees. Not sure if once they manage payments if their reports will also include the deduction for the merchant fees which would then reconcile to the deposits which are made to your bank account.