View Single Post
Old 01-02-2022, 12:09 PM
Brian McQueen
Administrator

Oh man. Seeing this group together makes me look at my small gathering of e107s over here and go "...see that boys??? We can do it, it's possible after all! Let's keep going!..."

Seriously though, thank you for taking the time to scan all these in for us. Many of these cards have NEVER been seen by the majority of this community. It's a pure treat just to get to see them. And all the OP backs? Wow...what a find. A couple questions if I may -

I once theorized that the Type 2 e107s came from multiple different advertising pieces / display boxes. I have owned two Type 2s, one of which was a Delehanty, that had a back that was as white and smooth as a cue ball. At the time, which was maybe 15 years ago, I had thrown the idea out there of a Type 3 e107 existing, since it was clear that the card wasn't the same sort of paper stock as the heavier, greyish Type 2s and certainly was not a Type 1 either. In your collecting this set, have you ever come across such a Type 2?

This might be a question for anyone reading this thread - I also remember asking a long time ago about the Type 2 Socks Seybold. I had the other 7 Type 2s at the time and could never verify that the Seybold existed. Anyone ever seen one of these?

Again, a beauty of a collection. I'm going to go ahead and add this thread to our Archive page as well so people won't have to look to hard to find this in years to come.

https://www.net54baseball.com/forum/...ivecenter.html