View Single Post
Old 10-29-2021, 09:41 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carter08 View Post
The pwcc issues sort of pre-date me getting back into collecting but I’ve read up on it a bit. Scary stuff but one thing I’ll say is I hope to not have to worry about the seller all that much. If they are selling me a graded card I can do research on it and life will be ok. If there’s an issue with the card inside the holder and it shouldn’t have received the assigned grade my first thought goes to thinking there’s an issue with the grading company that needs to be fixed. Just my two cents.

Note: If anyone sells me a reasonably priced 33 Goudey and/or 48 leaf Ruth I promise I will never look to pwcc again.
There may be an issue with the grading company, but now (hypothetically) you're the one with the bad card and good luck getting the grading company to help you.

I would guess most collectors are not doing any research before buying those slabs. Kudos to you if you are.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.