View Single Post
Old 11-16-2010, 09:27 AM
Al Richter

Default Variations

I have a long list of the 91 variation/errors I have accumulated that I could send you. I could also send you color copies of my 80 Yellows and Pryor.

With the exception of the 3d Sullivan ( no period), I have all the others we have been discussing, including the Blackless set. I have gone a little overboard on these things.

For example, for 1953 collectors there is a variation of card 123, Byrne, in which the printing on the back is white or black, and card 247, Sandlock, can be found with a recurring defect in which the front left border bleeds into the card picture. It is similar, although more pronounced, to the overpriced 59 Ramos "variation" on ebay now, which is also recurring because I have one of them. The 59 set has a couple more of these too. The 58 set as well

I agree there are cropping differences on the 73 Manager cards, as well as colors, but are the cropping differences different than the recently highlighted 63 differences.

Fun stuff. No right or wrong answers. Collect what you like and if it ends up in one of the catalogs or the Registry it is a bonus