View Single Post
Old 08-25-2021, 09:07 PM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

I found the email address in an article from the local paper near Camp Lejeune which is home to that hall of fame. I just did a search of Charlie Brown boxing Olympics USMC or Marines to find several articles on the All Marine Corp Boxing Hall of Fame. One of his 1964 teammates and fellow Marine was Maurice Frilot. Maurice is also in the hall of fame and lives in Denver. His son, Junior of that name, played football at Harvard and was a Golden Helmet Award winner. The son works for Wells Fargo in Denver. Perhaps you can reach out to him and he could contact his father who still lives in Denver. Perhaps they are still in touch, both being devil dogs. Try - Maurice.E.Frilot@wellsfargo.com

FYI - from the 1964 U.S. Olympic media guide. Brown was married and lived at 318 Findlay St., Cincinnati.

A little side story. I was going to a card/autograph show in New Jersey. Joe Frazier was signing so a friend asked me to bring one of those gold faux leather Everlast boxing banners to have him sign. When I got to him I asked him if anyone still called him 'Billy' which is the nickname they have for him in the media guide. He asked me how I knew that as only his family called him that. He was so impressed that he signed my friends banner 'Joe Frazier Billy Smokin Joe'. Probably the only one there is where he signed that nickname.

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep”

Last edited by Michael B; 08-25-2021 at 09:07 PM.