View Single Post
Old 06-08-2023, 07:39 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by clamendo View Post
Some of these other old-time advanced collectors were putting high grade sets together 40-60 years ago. There wasn’t a lot of money being thrown around, so to get it from one of them (and you can prove it) means there’s less of a chance that it’s been altered. Even cards that are in holders have slipped through PSA, SGC and others. It’s always nice to get the cards from an original owner. With today’s technology they can slip through grading companies as has been mentioned numerous times on this forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The possible flaw I see in your logic is that you're assuming whoever acquired the collections and then submitted them didn't alter them. Do we really trust Doug Allen not to have touched any of Lionel Carter's cards, for example?

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 06-08-2023 at 07:39 PM.