View Single Post
Old 01-15-2023, 05:04 PM
"Thumbs Down Guy"

Default Thumbs Down Guy has cancer and needs your help

Leon gave me permission to post this here, for which I thank him... and I hope I can be thanking you for your help as well.

I was diagnosed with Stage 4 cancer. I've had surgery to remove it, and I'm currently going through radiation and chemotherapy treatments. The side effects have really been taking a toll on me.

You'd think I'd have enough to deal with... but just after Christmas, I received notice from my landlord that they're increasing my rent. That's never good news, no matter what one's physical condition, but in my case, while I'm out on medical leave, I'm only receiving half my salary. I don't make much to begin with, so you can imagine how this is also affecting me. It's bad enough that in addition to the cancer and its side effects, I have to worry about rent.

To that extent, I've started a Go Fund Me campaign with the goal of being able to get help to cover my rent for the next couple of months or so, while I'm out on medical leave. Please check it out, contribute if you can, and share the word. I need all the help I can get.

Here's the link: https://gofund.me/3874ea2d

Thanks.