View Single Post
Old 01-27-2016, 01:53 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Nice Research....thanks for sharing..
Quote:
Originally Posted by bn2cardz View Post
I had once started a thread mentioning a variation for the T205 Hoffman I hadn't seen discussed that had a stripe in the background. While trying to find more versions I have found a couple other variants.

The four Variants I have found so far are:

1) Yellow Second base, no stripe
2) Yellow Second base, stripe
3) White Second base, Face detailed
4) White Second base, Face lacking detail, also includes small triangle of yellow next to first base

I do own a copy of 2 and 4. Variation number 1 seems to be the easiest to find based off the images sifted through on CardTarget. Quick search makes it look like the White second base can be found with Piedmont, Polar Bear and Sovereign.

The only back I could find (the one I own) for #4 is Piedmont, the image I put below is from the Library of Congress and not my card the quality of the image looks the same but my gold is aligned more accurately.

I plan to go through and figure out backs, but if you know anymore info about the different variations and their respective backs or have images please share.

I was trying to upload a large image to photobucket but had had issues tonight. So I just attached a smaller verson of it for the time being, but the versions can be found through google image search or cardtarget.