View Single Post
Old 06-28-2019, 09:11 PM
Ron Kornacki - Uncle Nacki

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedzan View Post
Ryan

I'm for bestowing honorable mention to Blank-Back (B-B) T206's; but, the problem I have regarding the B-B phenomena is that it's random.

We have mapped out the various T-brands for each and every T206 subject....we know what to hunt for.

The B-B card are an unknown. You can continue on a "wild goose" chase for a B-B of a particular T206 for many years and never, ever find it.

Furthermore, TPG dudes are not always certain if a T206 is a B-B, and therefore they label some "skinned". That's exactly what they did with
my Schulte.....

TED Z
Hi Ted, Ryan was referring to my comment on the Lajoie Sweet Caporal 350-460 Factory 30 "No Print" card. I agree that Blank Backs can be random but the "No Print" Sweet Caporals follow your 350/460 series Group B list perfectly, even though they are basically Scrap cards.

Here is a little T206 History of the "No Prints". It's only my history with them and I'm sure there's missing pieces that I don't know about. I figured I'd share this since David Hall is selling his amazing collection.

I remember in 2010 I was just starting to study all the different combinations and how they lined up. At that time, I was left with two groups of cards I was studying. One group of 29 cards and the other group of 28 cards. Nearly 4 years later, I found my first and second "No Print" and they were both from the 28 card group. Almost 2 years later is when a large group of them started showing up on eBay and they went undetected for a couple weeks until someone posted here on Net54 questioning them and basically costing me a lot more money. That large group of cards was slowly auctioned off over a years time. 27 of the 28 card group showed up during that time. Between 2 and 8 cards of each of the 27 cards were discovered at that time. The only thing was that my checklist from 2010 still showed a card missing from the group that sold on eBay. That card was the Nap LaJoie With Bat. I was determined to find one since I had the other 27 cards. The odds told me that with enough searching, I would find one, and I did. Once I had it in my hands, I shared my checklist with Pete Gustafson, who at the time, we were both working together to corner the market on these cards. Between the two of us, we owned 75 to 80 percent of all the "No Prints" that sold on eBay that year. Once I shared my checklist with Pete, he asked if he could share it with David Hall, which I said yes. After that, things got a bit confusing because I started seeing my checklist show up on posts here on Net54 which was fine, but the posts also said that David had a complete set of the 28 cards. I figured it was possible but it was only a week after I released the checklist. It was then that someone questioned if David had a Lajoie With Bat because one was never seen sold on eBay during that year. I basically knew what David had, since Pete sold his group to David, and I kept track of what I won, what Pete won, and what neither of us won. It was eventually confirmed that David was short a few cards from the 28 card subset, including Lajoie. I still own 54 of the 107 "No Print" cards that were sold that year, along with my original 2 cards and the Lajoie.

T206 Master Monster Front/Back Set Collector - www.youtube.com/unclenacki
T206 Basic "The Monster" Set 514/524
T206 Advanced "Master Monster" Front/Back Set ????/5258
COMPLETE T206 BACK SUBSETS
Old Mill Southern Leagues - Black Ink 48/48
Sweet Caporal 350-460 Factory 30 Full Color "No Prints" 28/28
NEAR COMPLETE T206 BACK SUBSETS
Polar Bear 245/250
Sovereign 460 50/52
Sweet Caporal 150 Factory 649 Overprint 31/34
Piedmont 350 "Elite 11" 9/11