View Single Post
Old 06-27-2023, 01:13 PM

Collectors who are honest just don't realize what it means to set up and watch for thieves. Having done 39 Nationals, I have lost items periodically and I often write them off to the cost of doing business. But each time I get hit I get more cautious. Most of my display is now in locked showcases and anything left on the table is far enough from anyone so that they would have to reach over my showcases to get them.

But locking the showcases is a pain as it creates more time for me to retrieve items collectors want to look at. But believe me, it does help as long as when you hand a collectors an inch to 2 inches of cards, it means they must be supervised, or you hand them only ten or 15 cards at a time.

I hope I am wrong, but I still think that the time to be most careful is during set up and break down. I am not pointing a finger at the dealers, but there are many individuals who get in at that time who are friends or acquaintances of dealers.

The point of my response is BE CAREFUL. Often the ones you should be careful with, you let your guard down. BE CAREFUL 100% of the time.

Steve_NY