View Single Post
Old 06-14-2021, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbycee View Post
Are you kidding me?! When you say: " Most of the money in the hobby is not coming from collectors". Maybe you just described the Pokemon craze, the new Basketball & Football rookie investment, and overspending on modern cards. But, have you considered Vintage and the people who collect Pre War? It's the exact opposite of what you just described. Maybe that's what you meant, knowing that people who have collected for years have the staying power & resources. It didn't sound right.
I know that because I collect pre-war and there's no other reason to collect it unless you love it. You're not going to get a Babe Ruth Goudey for $100. You will spend because you have to have whatever you're buying.

But I don't believe that is where the majority of the money being injected into the hobby is coming from. Speculators are where the money is coming from. Modern is generating the money. Online exclusives are generating the money. People come to the show in person to buy what they couldn't online. But it's in the interest of speculating, not collecting cards. Do you think a majority of people who buy a box of 2021 Bowman are doing so to complete the set?

Last edited by packs; 06-14-2021 at 02:34 PM.