View Single Post
Old 06-07-2020, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rats60 View Post
It still doesn't answer why those selling mail order in the 60s and early 70s were selling the 7th series as 523-576. I would assume that they purchased vending direct from Topps as the cards that I received were clearly from vending. Is Bruce Yeko or Richard Gellman around to ask? Would someone at Fritch Cards give up that information? I know they know what the true short prints are in the 60s Topps sets but were always very tight lipped about it. And they were charging extremely high prices for certain 6th series cards in the 70s that we now list as SPs. This is certainly interesting research, but it doesn't fit early hobby history without further confirmation.
I agree 100% that it is going to be difficult to change something that has been accepted for 50 years or so. I am puzzled about the idea of short prints, if the 6th series red based Harmon Killebrew and Mets team card are short prints wouldn't that mean that the other 20 cards they are connected to in their 22 card color block also are short prints?

Last edited by Cliff Bowman; 06-07-2020 at 05:59 PM. Reason: Correction