View Single Post
Old 08-20-2017, 03:47 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by almostdone View Post
Great find Dale. I'm not a photography expert but I think your photo was printed MUCH more recently than 1958. I believe that Kodak Royal gold paper wasn't released until the early to mid 90's. Is there a posiblility that the negative might still be floating around? Seems like a nice mystery. If you could uncover the negative that would be amazing. Who knows? You find this amazing print in a book maybe the negative is hidden somewhere else. If not, still a great find!

Drew
You know, Drew, when I first seen the picture, I thought to myself, this looks pretty darn good for a 1958 photograph, and the more I thought about it, after I posted it up, I wondered if it was in fact a much newer picture?

I talked to my Father about it and sent him a pic as well, but he didn't say anything about it or if my aunt maybe took a pic from a negative?

I looked up Kodak Royal paper, and you're right, it wasn't invented until 1994.
http://www.kodak.com/ca/en/corp/abou...es/default.htm

My only conclusion is my Aunt sent it to me or my parents to give to me, around that time and wrote what she wrote on the back before mailing it.
In 1994 I was 30 and wasn't into collecting then so it is possible I never received it until my Father gave me all these books? It is quite possible he forgot about it too?

I never went through everything in it's entirety the other day so it is possible the negative is somewhere within those books but I am not banking on it.

I appreciate the info and the heads up about the printing paper.

Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1764.jpg (78.5 KB, 137 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1765.jpg (78.3 KB, 138 views)