Thread: eBay message
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2022, 07:10 AM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
Though as I pointed out in my previous post that the lowered reporting threshold will increase the workload of the IRS, I'm assuming you meant this as a type of joking/satirical statement or comment, and certainly not as a type of veiled political comment, right?

And just to be very clear and honest, and so that no one mistakenly takes what you said as even remotely serious, the IRS has been severely underfunded and staffed for quite a few years now, and actually more like decades. The recently passed bill to increase their funding during the remainder of this decade is primarily to finally address their severely lacking technical capabilities and systems, and at least try to get them into the 21st century, allow them to be able to replace and train the tens of thousands of IRS employees set to retire in the coming years, and yes, hire some additional people (not the ridiculously and politically proposed 87,000 figure) so the IRS can finally do the work they're supposed to do on behalf of the taxpaying public, like actually answering the phone when someone calls with a question (and the person taking the call actually being able to answer the question).
It was satire Bob.

In my honest feelings, I am no big fan fan of the IRS in any way but do not portray them as jack booted thugs. They’re doing a job created by those far above their pay grade. The last few administrations are completely at fault for tossing out bloated programs funded by future earnings of squeezing the average joe’s pocketbook. In the exact same way that your local PD would rather be protecting neighborhoods and preventing crime, but sadly sit in a median or speed trap per local political machinations to pad local coffers with ticketing income per counsel requests. It’s a sad cycle, but the low man on the totem pole catching the flak should be the one getting a pat on the back.

This is also my opinion as the grandson of a 40 year IRS agent who worked his ass off and took several missed shots in his career. The ground level folks deserve respect.

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.

Last edited by JustinD; 11-18-2022 at 07:13 AM.