View Single Post
Old 12-31-2022, 01:48 PM
Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by chjh View Post
https://www.amazon.com/Silent-Natura.../dp/B08L7YKYMR

This is one of my favorite baseball movies. Dummy Hoy was inducted into the Cincinnati Reds Hall of Fame in 2003.

Hoy is the most accomplished deaf player in MLB history, and is credited by some sources with causing the establishment of signals for safe and out calls.

Hoy is one of three outfielders to throw out three base runners at home plate in one game. On June 19, 1889, he threw perfect strikes to catcher Connie Mack to throw out runners attempting to score from second base.

Upon his death in 1961 at the age of 99, Hoy was the longest-lived former MLB player ever.

At the time of his death, Dummy Hoy was the last surviving participant of both the American Association and the Players' League.
Thanks for making a mention on this, unless you might have not known, myself am the producer and co-wrote the production, "The Silent Natural". the title of this film was coined by my wife (Yes, she's Deaf) and we stick to is. (Director and I) I was also on site of the production and "overview" the entire filming for one month. Everyone crew and extra - yes thanks to these old-time ball players that did a wonderful performance in this film, achieved the "impossible on getting this film completed. As I mentioned it took in the entire month of March 2018. After the production, editing took one year and one month. Then May 2019 (during Memorial Day weekend) we had a premiere showing in Hopkinsville, Kentucky. then in the last week of December 2021, my wife and I took a travel to Dawson Springs to view the destruction of the town from the tornado. My eyes weeps of the damages and house were beyond - can't explain it. You have to see the pictures I took. But the site of the ball field where we film it was slightly damaged from the tornado but not the worst of it.