View Single Post
Old 05-27-2022, 09:41 AM

Thanks Bob, great information and I appreciate the information. I was doing research on the stamps over the last few weeks and did note that both PSA and SGC had a few in their population report and noted a dual graded stamp. I also took note that PSA seemed to have only the Detroit Press version. I have several stamps from the Chicago American and also the Sporting News All Star Stamps.

Yes, I did remove this from an original 1935-36 scrapbook that contained numerous newspaper clippings and articles from 1936. The majority were focused on the Cubs, Cardinals and Yankees. All were in outstanding condition but were of course attached to a page. The substance used to attach them wasn't glue, but felt more like a salt like substance. Some came off rather easily but some did not.

What really got my attention in the scrapbook was the complete panels as I had not previously seen any complete panels that contained 6 players.

Attached is a picture of a 6 stamp panel that I'm talking about. It contains some pretty big names since it was the 1936 All Star version, including Dizzy Dean.

Have you seen a 6 panel version before? I think they are pretty scarce. Since they are so fragile, I think encapsulation would really help in preserving them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7680.jpg (193.5 KB, 1056 views)