View Single Post
Old 04-28-2022, 05:12 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
I know it's a generational bias, but I just don't understand the people who seem to play out their lives on social media.
Facebook and Instagram seem to be more about curating your life experience to convince other people for some reason how special your existence is. Whenever I see these people who post about every meal they ate or ever place they've gone or every show they've seen I immediately think they must be very unfulfilled people. "Here is the fantastic piece of apple pie I had last evening. . . ." Really? "Here I am cooking bacon. . ." Huh? If you go see a good show, who cares that other people know you went to it. Live in the moment. Saw a great show a few weeks ago and people were filming and posting it as it was happening. Weird. Like the "atta boys" from other people were more important than the artist on stage.

There's precious little boasting on 54 about what someone owns. It's largely not a dick measuring contest. It's really about sharing information. That's the biggest difference for me from other forms of social media.

Last edited by Snapolit1; 04-28-2022 at 05:18 PM.