View Single Post
Old 09-25-2020, 11:00 AM
Brian K

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedzan View Post
Brian

The differences you're pointing to are simply printing variants. The LEAF cards are replete with such color differences.
Here are some examples in my set......
Ted

I agree there are a TON of print variations, especially in regards to ink colors and plate order (typically black ink will always go down first). When a color block changes, like on the Aberson sleeves, that is a physical change to the blue plate. There had to be an actual replacement of that plate in order for the color block to change (short to long, long to short). I'm sure that there are more in the set than just the Robinson, Musial, and Wagner, but there are distinct plate changes as color block have changed or been removed. Or like that awesome Platt that you posted, some plates were totally missed! I guess my over arching question is should there be a designation for the difference like there is for Aberson and Peterson. Peterson is probably the closest to the Jackie/Stan change as part or all of the black plate detail was removed.

I'm fascinated by the prints, process and variations, being that I am a designer and do a ton of screenprinting. I mostly wanted to see if others thought that maybe the variations (outside of Hermaski) warranted a full designation, while the other changes don't?