View Single Post
Old 01-26-2022, 04:08 PM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
Hmmm, I wonder if that has anything to do with the fact that around 60% of those in Congress are attorneys/have law degrees, and something like 59% of all US Presidents were lawyers?

Actually, I always thought the preferred lawyer joke was:

What do you call 100,000 lawyers at the bottom of the lake/ocean.................a good start!

Feel free to come back with any well known CPA joke/cliche/adage............if you can find one! LOL

And I always liked and felt you could trust Harry Truman, he sold hats and suits, and is the only President since the 20th century began to not have gone to college!

Your facts are not quite right:

Congress is made up of four main occupational backgrounds: law, business, public service, and education. Those from a law background still dominate Congress—but not with nearly the stranglehold they did in the early part of the 20th century. Today lawyers represent less than 40 percent of Congress. In the place of law, new competing occupations have risen in prominence, such as business, medicine and a professionalized political class composed of political aides and members of civil society.

Additionally, only 4 of the last 10 presidents had/have law degrees with two of them being disbarred - Nixon resigned from two, disbarred from one. Slick Willy disbarred from two.

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep”