View Single Post
Old 09-17-2013, 10:29 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
I don't understand how the government can sell memorabilia with certificates of authenticity from a person the FBI itself investigated and tried to indict for authenticating forged memorabilia. What kind of crap is this. I'm honestly outraged that so much money would be wasted on an investigation ten years ago, further money stolen, and now the government sanctions a sale of property they tried to eliminate from the marketplace.

Our tax dollars at work I guess.
Believe it or not, "the government" doesn't all work out of the same office and hang out around the water cooler talking over each others' cases. I would be very surprised if anyone at the Marshall's office even knows anyone who was investigating these guys, let alone is privy to the details of the case. I imagine it's much as Shelly described where everything is scooped up and shuffled off to the auction house with little or no thought to the possibility that any of it could be fake or the "certs" for each piece might just be a waste of perfectly good paper.

Hopefully with a bit of help from Shelly and others this can all be sorted out, but I really don't think this is a case of willful disregard for previous efforts by the FBI.