View Single Post
Old 11-18-2022, 07:37 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Where it was printed was separate, and it probably was the NY area, but I think we do not know where exactly and this should not be stated as a fact. The T card printing was done in multiple locations, by multiple companies (which may or may not have been shadow subsidiaries and 1 real company; American Lithography), that much we do know for certain. The only cards where we know where they were printed are the ones in the Fullgraff ledger/notebook, the full contents of which are not public. Those cards in those sets weren’t all necessarily printed at that facility. The ATC ledger doesn’t give any printing locations, and I’ve never seen actual evidence that a particular set outside of the Fullgraff ledger/book was produced at a particular facility. I suspect long running sets with massive runs may have spanned multiple facilities. Such evidence may exist and I simply am not privy to it.

The discovery of the sheet is the issue in question. We have, one one hand, the reported interviews by O’Keeffe in his book. On the other, we appear to have a report that an unknown person, with unknown connection to the sheet, said something different at a show in 1985 to a member. I’d love to know if there is any other evidence; this sheet’s destruction ruined a fair bit of history that might have been able to tell us a lot about many T cards, beyond T206 only.