View Single Post
Old 01-17-2024, 08:52 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

a few other tidbits...

Someone always wants the best of something. So, if you can attain the best (or it's one of the best), of a desirable item it should do well long-term.

Aesthetics matter to collectors and not as much to registry folks (isn't it all about the number?). And of course there are registry guys that do want the best looking examples. But, I don't think registries, so far, take into account particular visual characteristics. I would guess that the majority of the highest grade pre-war cards don't look as nice as ones with lower technical grades.

It can't be said enough; rarity doesn't equate to value. It's all about "demand".

To the topic, another 100k card would be a nicer T205 Cobby.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeanTown View Post
Pick the best player you want to Collect/invest in. Then get the nicest condition card of him from a known series. You will have a low floor and a high ceiling which basically eliminates some financial risk. One good saying I heard not too long ago is pigs get fat, and hogs get slaughtered. Many cards mentioned about are great examples and don’t be afraid to go after a special card. It might be expensive now but years from now it most likely will look like a steal. Nice high end items normally hold their value through any kind of market and will always appeal to folks that seem to always have money to spend.

Last edited by Leon; 01-17-2024 at 08:53 AM.