View Single Post
Old 02-09-2008, 10:14 AM
Administrator

Default SGC's official response to '52 Mantle debacle

Posted By: Tom Russo

I know Ms. Wright from several years of practicing law in Morris County. She is the courthouse beat reporter for the Daily Record. Most newsworthy happenings at the county court involve criminal cases. She has become very good at reporting on details of criminal trials. I have found her to be very fair in that she always reaches out to defense attorneys for comments while many reporters for the larger papers seem to act as publicity arms of the prosecutor's office reporting only convictions. Interesting civil cases are encountered far less frequently and obviously Peggy is no expert on baseball cards. She likely reported based on the content of the pleadings, what she heard in Court and comments from Mr. Haas. Obviously, she should have gotten a response from SGC. Sloppy... possibly, but not malicious. I doubt that SGC's reputation has been damaged in the slightest. Most people don't know or care about what they do. Those in the hobby know SGC and GAI and their relative reputations. Haas's actions are very strange and I can't blame Mr. Forman for exercising caution when it looked like he was possibly being set up.