View Single Post
Old 01-09-2024, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akleinb611 View Post
Damn

DAMN

damn.

This hurts. I've reached the magical stage in life when losing someone you know and cherish is, alas, not an unusual event. But losing Ted hurts big time.

I never met him (although I'm sure we brushed up against one another at some point). But his hobby expertise, his grasp of the history, and most of all, his kindness and generosity came through every time he posted - and every time someone else posted about him.

My closest hobby friend was the late Bobby Bostoff (may his memory be a blessing). I've continued to collect since his death, but I'd be lying if I denied that a lot of the fun went out of the hobby when he died.

The lesson - the cards are fun, but they're just cards. The people you meet along the way - they're truly what matters.

Alan Kleinberger
OMG Alan! Bobby Bostoff of Empire State Sports was the BEST! Bobby found the Original first R337 Strip with the advertising on it stating the issuer as The Eclipse Import Company! The top card on the strip had the Ad back! KILLER! I used to watch Bob and Joe Bosley riding the stationary bikes at the Hotel at the National. Great Memories there!