View Single Post
Old 03-01-2023, 10:32 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
No matter what he does, his cards will drop in price. That's the modern game. Juan Soto cards have dropped. Bryce Harper cards have dropped. Ohtani cards have dropped. It's just a silly game where new propsects are hyped to ridiculous impossible levels by people who run breaking websites and auction houses, dubious bidding groups run prices up to the stratosphere, and then like a game of musical chairs the musc stops and a lot of bagholders have no idea what just happened. Like a ponzi scheme, it's good going if you get in at the right time, but basically 99% of folks end up losing big time. I've seen the same cycle ovr and over. A few years ago there were insane prices for Bo Bichette cards.

With respect to the hype machine, helps if you have a cool or unusal name or nickname. Best prospect of all time could come long named Joe Smith or Bob Jones and, believe me, his prices aren't gong anywhere. Bobzu Smith yes.
Bob Smith no. Could call it the Zion Effect. Or the Jasson Dominquez effect.
right and some people that get stung may be done with the hobby..so i criticize the artificialness of it and also market manipulation in play as well i would assume unless only angels in that venue..

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 03-01-2023 at 10:32 AM.